Monday, November 27, 2017

Golliwog quilt

Several years ago I bought a patchwork ‘block of the month’ pattern for a quilt.  ‘Block of the month’ quilt  patterns are quite popular amongst the patchwork and quilting community.  Well I bought one about golliwogs.  Golliwogs were an important memory of my childhood.  Since the grandboys arrived I’ve collected the Noddy books.  We have some here. Others are at their place.  My sister-in-law also bought me a Noddy that sticks on the window in the car when she went to England several years ago.  Much loved Noddy helps the boys to find Nana’s car in the shopping carpark.  I guess I wanted to create something of my childhood memories for the grandboys.


The picture above is the quilt.  It is all appliquéd which means that each piece is sewn on individually.  So the news boy at the bottom of the picture below has about 20 pieces to make him. Am I mad, or what. 


The above picture shows what I have done.  No much.  It seems that I only work on the quilt while on a cruise with lots of time to myself.  So I have three months of appliqué to prepare and place on the quilt before we leave in a couple of weeks.  






The above picture shows only one month.  So there is a bit of work to complete between working, looking after the grand boys and general everyday chores. 


Our faithful D isn’t far away. 


After we return from the cruise I will include some photos from the South Pacific Islands and I’ll show you my progress on the quilt.

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thanks for spending the time to comment. Your comments are always appreciated.